Table tennis forum
Join our forum and become part of one of the biggest online table tennis community with more than 5,000 members. CLICK HERE!
- Created on Tuesday, 08 December 2009 11:03
The winner of the Men’s Singles event at the East Asian Games in Hong Kong is Xu Xin. After gold in the Team and in the Men’s Doubles with Zhang Jike, the only 19 year old Chinese won his third title. In the Final Xu beat his partner from the Doubles event Zhang Jike in six games.
After the left-handed penholder player had already won two gold and two bronze medals at the recently concluded Asian Championships in India, he demonstrated again his strength.
Change of Generations?
On his way to the gold medal, Xu Xin eliminated among others Japan’s Jun Mizutani. In the final against his 22 year old compatriot Zhang Jike, Xu Xin prevailed 11-9, 11-5, 8-11, 11-3, 10-12 and 11-4.
The Chinese teenager crowned an almost perfect year. The former U18 world number one advanced nearly 100 places in the ITTF world ranking and currently stands on no.18. This year, Xu Xin won the World Team Cup with China, received his first medal at World Championships (silver in the Men’s Doubles) and won no less than three Pro Tour titles in the Men’s Doubles.
Obviously China’s men are able to dominate table tennis events also without their Olympians and whenever Ma Lin and Wang Liqin consider to retire, the next generation is ready to take over the command.
Inner-Chinese Women’s Final
The Women’s Singles event was also in Chinese hands. Yao Yan, born in 1988, beat her compatriot Wen Jia, born in 1989, in seven games 3-11, 11-9, 9-11, 11-4, 8-11, 11-8 and 13-11.
The other gold medallists on the last day of competition for table tennis were Japan’s Ai Fukuhara and Kasumi Ishikawa in the Women’s Doubles as well as Hong Kong’s Ko Lai Chak and Tie Yana in the Mixed Doubles event.
Latest forum posts
Table tennis tips
Table tennis e-book
The first table tennis e-book which enriching and broadening the field of coaches' and players' knowledge. Access it from here!
- JOOLA Replacement Net for WM/Spring/Europaliga in Nets
- Butterfly Liu Shiwen in Blades
- YinHe/Milky Way Saturn in Rubber
- YinHe Edge Tape 10mm in Accessories
- Killerspin MyT-Small in Tables
- Stiga Stripe Paddle-Shaped Case in Cases
- Stiga Premium Net Replacement in Nets
- IPONG Tilt Stand in Robots
- Butterfly Archfilor Tour Case - Red in Cases
- Butterfly Archfilor Tour Case - Blue in Cases
- Butterfly Archfilor Tour Case - Black/Sky Blue in Cases
- Butterfly Archfilor Tour Case - Black/Red in Cases
- Butterfly Rebiong Tour Case - Blue in Cases
- Butterfly Rebiong Tour Case - Orange in Cases
- Butterfly Rebiong Tour Case - Red in Cases
- Butterfly Rebiong Tour Case - Wine in Cases
- Butterfly Ryu Seung Min T5000 - Japanese Style in Blades
- Andro Shifter in Rubber
- JOOLA Rhyzm 375 in Rubber
- Xiom Vega Japan in Rubber
- Xiom Sigma II Euro in Rubber
- Xiom Sigma II Pro in Rubber
- Butterfly Chinese EX - Chinese Style in Blades
- Killerspin Stilo7 SVR - Limited Edition in Rackets
- Killerspin Practice Balls - Pack of 100 in Balls
- Killerspin Jet Set 2 Premium in Rackets
- Gambler Six Shooter AMP Classic Cream Sponge in Rubber
- Gambler Six Shooter AMP Lavender Sponge in Rubber
- Gambler Six Shooter AMP Soft Sponge in Rubber
- Yasaka Master Racket in Rackets
- Yasaka Champ Racket in Rackets
- Butterfly Primorac EX in Blades
- Donic Waldner Exclusive AR+ in Blades
- Donic Edge Tape - Large Roll - 12mm in Accessories
- Donic Spacer Bag in Accessories
- Donic Waldner Racket Cover in Cases
- Butterfly Tenergy 80 in Rubber
- Butterfly Energy Force X - White Sky in Shoes
- Butterfly Energy Force X Black/Silver in Shoes
- Butterfly Radial Win Speed in Shoes
- Butterfly Pelluci White in Clothing
- Butterfly Pelluci Black in Clothing
- Butterfly Pelluci Green in Clothing
- Butterfly Pelluci Blue in Clothing
- Butterfly Pelluci Red in Clothing
- Butterfly Orthodox in Rubber
- Butterfly Photino Light in Blades
- Killerspin Kollect Ball Picker in Accessories
- Xiom Vega China VM in Rubber
- Butterfly 501 FL in Rackets